I've been trying to figure out why a command like exec()/system() works fine
under windows and it doens't seem to run on FreeBSD. I've got a script that
generates a latex file, runs pdflatex, and then moves the pdf file into a
"reports" with a link on the generating page. Works fine on Win2k but when I
try to run it on the BSD machine, it doesn't look like the commands are
getting issued, or that I can't run the commands because of file
permissions. I've chmod'd the dir for the website and that didn't seem to
help. I tried some small script like exec("ls -la") and that worked. I then
tried system( "/usr/local/bin/pdflatex temp/report_file" ); to try and
diagnose the problem, and got "Fatal Error occured, I can't write on file
'report_file.log', suggesting that there might still be some permissions
problems. Maybe this is a apache thing?

Any ideas?

--
Jeff D. Hamann