What you need to do is include the path to the file in relation to the file
that is including it, this can be an absolute path or a relative path.

Eg.
Assuming the file is located in /www/foo/htdocs/foo/index_test.php and the
include file is in /www/foo/htdocs/

Absolute path: require("/www/foo/htdocs/header.htm");
Relative path: require("../header.htm");

It may be easiest to use a variable for the include path.

Eg.

$includePath = "/www/foo/htdocs/";
require($includePath."header.htm");

I hope this helps.

"Anti-Blank" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
007c01c1da8e$a12062f0$6601a8c0@noblesse">news:007c01c1da8e$a12062f0$6601a8c0@noblesse...
> I have a header section for my website and I'd like to include it into
each page.  Since this is where
> I'm housing all of my navagation.  Here is my problem though.  I have the
header tables sitting in a page
> header.htm.  I'm calling it as so:
> <?
> require ("header.htm")
> ?>
>
> This works fine as long as I stay in the main folder /htdocs where the
header.htm file is.
> The problem lies when I go any deeper.  I tried replacing the link with:
> <?
> require ("/header.htm")
> ?>
> Hoping that would put it back to the /htdocs folder as it works for my
standard links.  Instead
> I get this:
> Fatal error: Failed opening required '/header.htm'
(include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /www/foo/htdocs/foo/index_test.php
on line 82

> I've tried correcting it by including the full path:
> <?
> require ("http://www.foo.com/header.htm";)
> ?>
>
> This does work but it's so amazingly slow.  Even on my cable connection it
will take 20-30 seconds
> to load this.  I've switched back and forth between require and include
with no change in speed.  Anyone