Have you verified that the mail settings in your php.ini are correct?

---
Mark Roedel           | "Blessed is he who has learned to laugh
Systems Programmer    |  at himself, for he shall never cease
LeTourneau University |  to be entertained."
Longview, Texas, USA  |                          -- John Powell