I might be completely mistaken here, but it looks like there are a few
errors in your code:

- No starting brace for the test() method
- semi-colon used after class def end-brace
- no parentheses after "new test" instance assignment

Don't you want to keep your class as general as possible, and perform
your error-testing functions on the instances?  It's hard for me to tell
what kind of data you are trying to represent with this class.  My
advice is that, even if it seems unnecessarily didactic, you use some
sort of actual object to help you visualize what you are trying to do
with this class, like Person() or something -- it helps.  I can't figure
out what this class is even supposed to do.

Erik

----

Erik Price
Web Developer Temp