From: Phieu Huynh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 12:31 PM
To: Martin Towell; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] "the document contained no data"

I don't know how to set erro level to E_ALL, can you give me some sample.
I did try different way

<?
  $d = dir("/export/home/phuy/www/test/upload");
  echo "Handle: ".$d->handle."<br>";
  echo "Path: ".$d->path."<br>";
        $entry=$d->read()
        echo $entry ;
  $d->close();
?>

it is ok and the output is only a dot(.)
if I add another read() statement then I got " ... no data"

<?
  $d = dir("/export/home/phuy/www/test/upload");
  echo "Handle: ".$d->handle."<br>";
  echo "Path: ".$d->path."<br>";
        $entry=$d->read()
        echo $entry ;
        $entry=$d->read()
        echo $entry ;
  $d->close();
?>

can anyone tell me what has read() has
and readdir() return.

Martin Towell wrote:

> turn the displaying of errors on, and set the error level to E_ALL
> I'm thinking that you've got a error somewhere that's stopping the script
> prematurely

 Phieu (phil) Huynh
 Computer System Officer
 Monash University
 Electrical & Computer Systems Engineering
 Phone : +61 3 990 53469