To prototype my site, I've used "register_globals=on", and "track_vars=on".
I'm at the point where I would like to switch the globals "off',
and prepare the site for production use.

My problem is that I don't know how to implement the use of
$HTTP_SESSION_VARS or $_SESSION in my webapages (or where to put the "if
(isset($_SESSION . . .)"

I assumed the logical place would be at the opening page (index.php) that has
the menu structure. I put the call the "if(isset . . .)" right at the top of
this page (before the HTML), and the page loads. However, when I call other
pages and attempt to call up the database conection, I get an "undefined
function" error [ Btw: everything worked great with globals=on].

What I'm not clear on: if I'm using $HTTP_SESSION_VARS or $_SESSION do I have
to put something declaring such on every page that I've written (at this
point there are 47 of them)? Or do I declare a session on the opening page? I
assumed that by doing so, with track_vars enabled, the vars would
automatically be transferred to each new page within the session. Am I
missing something here? All my variables are in the form of $sfname or
$rcity, and so on.

I've read the manual on "Session handling functions", but I must have a thick
block on this concept . What should I do now that I want to use
$HTTP_SESSION_VARS or $_SESSION ? How do I implement it on secondary pages?
Will I be facing a major re-write of all my code? [Gulp :>]

Any help or pointers where to read up would be greatly appreciated.

Tia,
Andre

--
Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion.
Remember in your prayers the Holy Souls in Purgatory.

May God bless you abundantly in His love!
For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet: http://www.webhart.net/csrb/