At 14.04.2002  21:34, you wrote:

>Hey PHP General List,
>
>   Can anybody point me to tutorial or real good explanation site how
>   to keep Http://localhost/phpmyadmin off for other users. I am using
>   it to help me with MySQL database.... but other peaople can access
>   it. I know there is something with .httacces but i dont know
>   anything about that .httacces. SO please if anybody can point me to
>   some explanation how to secure phpmyadmin or just explain bu them
>   selves.
>
>   Thank You.
>
>:------------------------------:
>         Have A Nice Day!
>  Mantas Kriauciunas A.k.A mNTKz
>
>Contacts:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Http://mntkz-hata.visiems.lt
Bongiorno,
To get more Informations about apache, you should look at
www.apache.org, -> .htaccess, htpasswd and httpd.conf
as a fast help, insert the following lines to httpd.conf
<Directory "your_path_to_dir">
     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
     AllowOverride Limit
# Begin of security relevant commands
     AuthName secretPassword
     AuthType Basic
     AuthUserFile your_path_where_the/.htpasswd  #is
     <Limit GET>
     require valid-user
     </Limit>
# End of security
     #Order allow,deny
     #Allow from all
</Directory>
yo have to add Users to the .htpasswd with  " htpasswd -options"
and copy it to your_path_where_the/.htpasswd  #is
HTH Oliver