Hello,

"Arcadius A." wrote:

> Hello !
> I'm planning to write a database application for  MySQL, and then port it
> PostrgeSQL.
> Is there any library or class that could help me to write/maintain just
one
> source code for both MySQL and PostgreSQL ?

I think your best (if not the only) option in PHP is Metabase.

http://www.phpclasses.org/metabase

<snip spam>

you could also use PEAR (http://pear.php.net/) which has a more than
adequate abstraction layer for various databases.

But, I doubt even metabase can rewrite your SQL queries for you so that it's
optimized for postgres AND mysql (and any other option you would like to
choose).

you're much better off either picking one DB system, or use both but
maintain seperate SQL for each, to provide full optimization.

james