Thanks for your reply... I just tried it with ob_start(); and I think I'm
almost on the right track. Just one small issue. Since the records are in a
while loop, the results are printed line by line as expected. However, I
need to print something obtained from the sql query just once then the rest
to loop.

//a.agentname displays only once and h.title/h.address will be in a list
SELECT h.title, h.address, a.agentname FROM homes h, agents a WHERE
h.owner=a.id AND a.id=$aid

Basically what I'm after is displaying something like:

Agent: Fred
nice house, 123 street
ugly house, 643 road

Thanks again for your help on this.