Change your scripts.  It's relatively easy to cause variables in the
superglobal arrays to be set in the global namespace.  Code samples for
this appear in various places in the the user contributed notes in the
PHP documentation.

A quick and dirty working example:

foreach (array_merge($_POST,$_GET) as $key=>$val) {
        global $$key;
        $$key=$val;
}

If you include the above at the top of all your existing scripts, they
should continue to function.

As always, caveat emptor...

Alok