Hi!

How on earth do I make Internet Explorer to download a file generated with:

        header("Content-type: application/octet-stream");
        header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=$fname");
        include($this->dir . $fname);
        exit;

It works on http but I need it on https and if I try to download it through
https Internet explorer says it can't find the website.. after it asks me if
I want to save the file.
I have checked the page and it works with: netscape under windows and
konqueror, galeon, netscape under linux.

I have seen reports on the web about this "feature" of Internet explorer and
they all say to download some service pack.. I have updated my internet
explorer to the latest 6 version with all the updates on the web but it still
does not work!

Anyone knows a workaround for this? I don't want to do it with header
("Location: somefile") because the file that I want to make available for
download is outside the webroot and i want it to be accessible only through
my script.

Thanks a lot!

Eagerly waiting for a response,

Mihai