From: Erik Price [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 10:02 AM
To: Kunal Jhunjhunwala
Cc: php-list
Subject: Re: [PHP] dynamic drop down

On Tuesday, April 23, 2002, at 07:01  AM, Kunal Jhunjhunwala wrote:

> I am trying to make a drop down list such that, when some one selects
> an option, it refreshs and displays the option on the same page. There
> are a couple of things already in the URL [ the query string ], which
> need to remain there. How would I do this easily?

First, you need to use JavaScript (I think the onchange handler) to
automatically submit the form when the user selects an option from the
dropdown list.  That's no big deal.

But to maintain the querystring, you will need to do a bit of
finagling -- but it's nothing hard.  You could either use
$_SERVER['QUERYSTRING'] and place the value of this variable into a
hidden form field, or you could do a foreach ($_GET) and concatenate the
results into a string and place that into a hidden form field.

If you aren't sure what I'm talking about I can write up an example.

Erik

----

Erik Price
Web Developer Temp