»Andre Dubuc« sagte am 2002-04-23 um 14:28:56 -0400 :
> I tried with "VALUES ($_GET['sfname'] etc, etc " and got a T_Variable error

if that's part of a string, than it's for sure broken.  The correct way
would be "VALUES (" . $_GET['sfname']

> non-cumulative and specific to the page from which it was called on. If
> that's the case, what precisely is the value of these "superglobals" when ,in
> fact, they are specific to ONE page only???

$_GET contains all the values which have been submitted to the current
page via a GET HTTP request.  If you want to pass variables from one
invocation to another without using GET or POST, I'd suggest to have a
look at PHP sessions.  With sessions, you can pass as much data as you
wish without revealing what kind of data you're passing along.  Plus,
you don't need to worry about having to "encapsulate" the data so that
it can be passed in the first place.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)