TEXT has a limit of 65535 characters.

BLOB
TEXT
        A BLOB or TEXT column with a maximum length of 65535 (2^16 - 1)
characters. See section 6.5.3.1 Silent Column Specification Changes.
See section 6.2.3.2 The BLOB and TEXT Types.
MEDIUMBLOB
MEDIUMTEXT
        A BLOB or TEXT column with a maximum length of 16777215 (2^24 -
1)      characters. See section 6.5.3.1 Silent Column Specification
Changes.        See section 6.2.3.2 The BLOB and TEXT Types.
LONGBLOB
LONGTEXT
        A BLOB or TEXT column with a maximum length of 4294967295 (2^32
- 1)    characters. See section 6.5.3.1 Silent Column Specification
Changes.        Note that because the server/client protocol and MyISAM
tables has      currently a limit of 16M per communication packet /
table row, you  can't yet use this the whole range of this type. See
section 6.2.3.2         The BLOB and TEXT Types.

---John Holmes...