> I'd recommend you write down a list of EVERYTHING you'd like to
achieve,
> and
> then we can help you build some code to use, or recommend a class.

I'd recommend putting your validation and formatting together, too. I
hate it when some people enter names into my database in all caps, and
some all lowercase. So in my validation routine, I make sure that the
name is only letters, (except for a possible ' for last names like
O'Reilly), and then do the formatting by making just the first letter
uppercase.

Same thing for phone numbers and social security numbers for example.
You can validate and accept the input in a variety of formats, but have
the validation routine return them in a common format to insert into the
database.

---John Holmes...