Jason Wong wrote:

>On Monday 29 April 2002 20:02, Peter Revill wrote:
>

>>hi, im having a few problems installing GD, ill start from the top:
>>
>>I need Jpeg support in my PHP installation, and unfortunatly, GD (the
>>verison i have) does not support them, so i figure, ill install it,
>>installing the libary jpeg-6b works easily
>>however, i attempt to compile from there GD, but the following error is
>>produced:
>>

>It's usually a good idea to state what kind of setup you have (OS, version
>etc).

Im not even sure myself, linux on 2.2.14 on what should be a redhat box
i know theres a command something like dsmod to get the info, hmm..

>>oot gd-1.8.4]# make
>>gcc -I. -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/X11
>>-I/usr/X11R6/include/X11 -I/usr/local/include     -c -o gd_gd2.o gd_gd2.c
>>In file included from /usr/include/errno.h:36,
>>               from gd_gd2.c:14:
>>/usr/include/bits/errno.h:25: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory
>>make: *** [gd_gd2.o] Error 1
>>

>Have you checked that you have the file "linux/errno.h" anywhere in your
>system?

yes, but it wasnt around, errno.h was, but not errno.h like that

>On my RH7.1 system,
>
>  /usr/include/linux/errno.h
>
>is provided by kernel-headers, so if don't have it and you're using RH,
>install kernel-headers. If you're using something else check with your distro
>vendor.

i found the kernel-headers package, but it msut be damaged or something
(rpm --query says it exists, but i have my doubts as to the files still
existing)
is it OK to install kernel headers of a diffirent kernel number?
i.e. if i install kernel-headers 2.4.1 or wahtever is that ok? or will
that cause problems?
(im betting money on it will cause problems)