> something else after the initial page everything works fine. I
> require this
> to work initially because if someone comes in directly using a
> link certain
> content will render a error message because the registered variable is not
> present for some reason. Oh and yes the cookie to set the session is being
> put on the client's machine properly and at the initial page.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

When do you set the session cookie?  Keep in mind cookies don't not function
in the same call they are created ....so say you create the cookie on page
A, until the user refreshes page A or goes to page B the cookie won't
actually be in effect.

A snippet of your code would be helpful as well

Sincerely,

Craig Vincent