Download and install the windows installers for Apache and MySQL
and you'll have a very functional server for testing your code before
uploading it to your production server.  I've got them all running under
WinXP Home quite nicely.

I have both Apache and MySQL servers set to start up manually
(don't need them running all the time, and especially don't want
them running while I'm connected to the net).

I use Emacs/html-helper-mode or HTML-Edit (www.chami.com)
depending on the mood I'm in to write my code (doesn't anybody
work with raw HTML anymore?)

I preview with Mozilla and IE 6 (HTML-Edit also offers preview
capabilities, although I haven't figured out how to make it preview
PHP pages yet).

Eugene

Eugene Mah, M.Sc., DABR               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Medical Physicist/Misplaced Canuck    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Radiology               "For I am a Bear of Very Little
Medical University of South Carolina   Brain, and long words Bother
Charleston, South Carolina             me."   Winnie the Pooh
http://home.netcom.com/~eugenem/
PGP KeyID = 0x1F9779FD, 0x319393F4
PGP keys available on request         ICQ 3113529                 O-