Udo,

        Could you point us to the SOAP classes you've come accross? I am in
the same
situation as you are but haven't found much yet. There is indeed a SOAP
server class from Manuel available at phpclasses.org, this is the first one
I've seen. I haven't found a SOAP client class yet.

        The lack of SOAP implementations in PHP made me think that I'd better
use
XMLRPC instead, which is a similar protocol that has been around longer.
There is a PHP extension available for XMLRPC

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.xmlrpc.php

Thank you,

Cedric