Hi!
I want to grab a webpage and I use the file() function to grab it.

The URL in the file() function works OK when I typed it in my address bar.
The speed is OK.

$fcontents = file
("http://www.website.com/cgi-bin/cgifunction/webpage.cgi";);

However, when I use the above code and tried to run the PHP file, I have to
wait for 10 seconds before I get any results.

I tried to isolate the problem and realised that the slowing down portion is
the above line. I tried fopen() and the results is still the same.

I need to know if it is possible to speed up the above process.

If possible, please email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you for any help rendered.