This is not the global that is meant on the update. Not the global $var
that you put inside your functions.

  That's scope, btw. You are making a variable available inside a different
scope (the function), by making it "global".

  The global you are searching for is, like when you submit a form, a field
name becomes a varible on the "action" page with the same name. So:

<input name="username"...

  Would create a $username variable. Not anymore :-)

  Now you need to specify where it came from, either with $_POST or
$HTTP_POST_VARS.

  So... action page again:

$username = $_POST['username'];

  But, if you don't want to convert your script (and I object btw, you
should ;-), you can modify a line at php.ini so variables are *globally
registered* again.

--

Julio Nobrega.