On Tuesday 07 May 2002 09:01, David Freeman wrote:
> [...]

I'm curious, I keep seeing people say that that tag is /necessary/, but I've
never had to use it in the upload forms that I've built and they work just
fine in Opera, NN & IE.

Can anyone explain /why/ it's needed?

AFAICT from the manual that tag is only to advise the browser to limit the
size of the file being uploaded, nothing to suggest that the absence of the
tag would prevent uploading. But if that was indeed the case then what
browsers does it affect?

/*
The value of a program is proportional to the weight of its output.
*/