> really nice error message. I put it below. Is this a PHP
 > function/mode/config option or where these things written by
 > the people who maintain PHP on that site?

 > MySQL Error : Connection Error
 > Error Number: 1045 Access denied for user: 'icon@localhost'
[etc]

A little of both I would guess.  The site designers would have used the
error reporting functions available to derive the information displayed
and then incorporated that design into the actual pages you see
displayed.  You wouldn't expect to get a page with that information
without having coded it first.

Having said that, I'd be a little careful of providing that much
information in an error message on a production (and publicly available)
web site purely because it may provide enough information for someone to
attack or compromise the site.

CYA, Dave