Miguel,

Thanks for following up. I got the zip functions all working last night.
I deconstructed a zip file created by ZipIt and was able to discover
where the PHP class was going wrong. Basically, there is a segment
called 'data descriptor' that was being written into the file without
the proper bit flag set. I posted a brief message on the Zend site on
the zip file article stating what I found.

I still have some testing to do to make sure this is all going to work
out, but it looks very promising.

Thanks for offering your help!

Steven J. Walker
Walker Effects