On Friday 10 May 2002 07:41, baldey_uk wrote:
> Hi sorry to annoy you AGAIN, but i cant seem to get it working.... i think
> its something to do with the order that i put things in:
>

> #end of html and start of php script
> <?php
>

> #Take the Variables from enterdetails.php that are posted from an html form
>
> $firstname=$_POST['txtFirstName'];
>
> $lastname=$_POST['txtLastName'];
>
> $email=$_POST['txtEmail'];
>
> $quantity=$_POST['txtJars'];
>
> $order_value=sprintf('%.2f', floatval($_POST['txtJars'])*7.0);
>
> echo '<INPUT type="hidden" name="testvar" value="'.$order_value.'" />';
>
> ?>php
>
> # end of php script back into html
>
> Are your details correct?
> action="updateaddress.php" method="post"><input type="submit"
> value="No&nbsp;"></form></td>
>
> If i put the echo or INPUT type outside of the php script this works, but
> obviously just returns a string '.$quantity.' and not waht the variable
> $quantity holds. This is extremely confusing. How do i get this php
> variable to be passed to the HTML so it can be posted  I thought the way i
> have it the echo would make the variable testvar available to the browser,
> and then i would be able to retrieve it by $_POST[testvar]; or
> $_POST[$testvar]; in either the confirm.php or updateaddress.php that the
> html posts to?

Your form element is outside the form so is invalid and ignored by the
browser. What you need is something like:

method="post"><input type="Submit" name="submit" value="Yes">
<INPUT type="hidden" name="testvar" value="<? echo $order_value; ?>" />
</form></td>

And similarly for the second form.

But I hope you're only doing this as a test. If you're implementing some kind
on online shopping thing then including the value of goods ordered on a form
and relying on that value when someone posts the form is a VERY BAD thing.
When the form is posted you should always re-calculate the value based on
item and quantity.

/*
Every country has the government it deserves.
                -- Joseph De Maistre
*/