You can use Mr. Lemos' suggestion, or go with an alias instead. You can
check out an example of setting this up by downloading
http://sourceforge.net/projects/outreach/ (the full version) - read
"INSTALL.email" and check out opt/include/mail_retrieve.pl. Then check
out opt/include/email.php to see how that works with php.

HTH

Bogdan