On Sunday 12 May 2002 01:38, Thomas Edison Jr. wrote:
> WOOO.. i did not know this was possible :
> file_exists("mjpalpics/$img1_name")
>
> And this might actually solve the whole issue!! Let me
> try this..

You might find is_file() to be a 'more reliable' indicator because
file_exists() works for both directories and files. Thus if for some reason
$mg1_name was empty then your statement above would effectively be:

  file_exists("mjpalpics")

which, assuming that your directory always exists, would return true, which
may not be what you want.

I was bitten by this 'feature' of file_exists() just today, had me stumped
for a good hour or so.

/*
To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
                -- Elbert Hubbard
*/