Jose Leon wrote:

> It would be nice that php itself incoporates a system to debug php
> programs, like in PHP 3, in that way a development tool for php would
> be enabled to debug modifying the php.ini with debug.enabled=true and
> listening to a port. The system will work on any php distribution
> because will be part of php itself. Why the debugger was removed from
> PHP 3?

I think it's pretty obvious it was removed during the PHP4
development so that Zend would have a 'value add' to sell later.

That's the cynical part of me answering, obviously, and I've
never heard an answer one way or another why it was removed,
but the timing seems pretty remarkable.

Michael Kimsal
http://www.logicreate.com
734-480-9961