> Whenever I try to open any PHP page
> on my browser i.e. IE then it displays
> Windows message box for saving the file on the disk
> or opening the code in any editor.
> I mean PHP file is not executed successfully and
> I am unable to figure out the problem.

Do you have a webserver installed with PHP on your local system and
a running and registered (httpd.conf if APACHE) PHP-system?

In your case, the browser gets a PHP-file and, of course, doesn't
know what to do with it. Normally, if you access a PHP file via HTTP,
the webserver executes the script and returns the result as a HTML-doc
to your browser which renders the file.

Cheers,

Kiko

--