We have a shopping cart product we're developing in PHP, and I've
recently come across I dilemma that I need to find a reliable solution
to.

Many of the people who will be shopping on our sites have cookies
disabled, which presents a problem when using sessions. Now, I am aware
of the fact that we could append the SID constant to every URL, but this
will not work for us. None of our sites are dynamic, and updating them
is out of the question (We have over 100 sites). As well, someday we
intend to sell this software, and we don't want to require that people
make their sites fully dynamic to accommodate it.

So, is there any reliable way to emulate sessions without requiring a
cookie, or a variable passed in every URL?

Matthew Walker
Senior Software Engineer
ePliant Marketing

---