On Saturday 18 May 2002 17:27, andy wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I did recently activat php.ini on suse7.2 (copyed the php.ini-recommended
> inot the propper dir) to increase the time out.
>
> Now I did experiance a serious problem. Working on my code, I did produce
> an error. I did forget to include a ". The screen on my browser was blank
> after I refreshed. This went through my whole application. So I figured out
> that I do have a check for user_info on each of those site. And before the
> if statement the php code was parsed ok.
>
> I did remove the php.ini file.
>
> Then suddenly the error msg came up, I fixed the error and I was ok.
>
> Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /include/user.php on line
> 208
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_userdata_2() in /index.php on
> line 29
>
> So whats wrong with my php.ini? It does return a blank screen on parse
> erorrs.

READ through the php.ini (the one copied from php.ini-recommended). It has
comments on what option does what and whether the default was changed from
the previous versions of php.

You want to look at the "Error handling and logging" group of settings and in
particular the "display_errors" setting.

/*
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.  Inside a dog it's too
dark to read.
                -- Groucho Marx
*/