"John Kelly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a form using the post method that outputs a dynamic number of
> fields each time with the same name but different values - this is
required.
> For example ...
>
> filename[]
> filename[]
> filename[]
> filename[]
>
> On the next page I try to access the array using ...
>
> for($i=0; $i<count($filename); $i++) {
> $value = $filename[$i];
> do something with $value ...
> }
>
> but $filename[0], $filename[1], $filename[2], etc each contain one letter
> from the word "Array" if there were say five items in the array!? What am
> doing wrong and/or how do I get the actual values?

Update ... when I remove the following code which comes before the code
above it works. Anyone know why it does not work when the following code is
in there and/or how I can modify the following code so I can keep it in and
still get the array to work. I have register globals off and want to protect
the data going into a database which is what I thought the purpose of the
following code was for.

foreach($HTTP_POST_VARS as $k=>$v){
if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()){
$HTTP_POST_VARS[$k] = stripslashes($v);
$HTTP_POST_VARS[$k] = mysql_escape_string($HTTP_POST_VARS[$k]);
} else {
$HTTP_POST_VARS[$k] = mysql_escape_string($v);
}
eval( "\$$k = \"$HTTP_POST_VARS[$k]\";" );