From: Mark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2002 12:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Parsing PHP output

Dear folks,

Has anyone ever been able to get a CGI to produce valid PHP output??

Whatever I do, my browser ALWAYS wants to open or save the non-parsed
PHP text produced by the CGI file. And yes, I have set the proper
ExecCGI and PHP entries in my vhosts.conf; and yes, I restarted the
server.

Basically, I open an existing php file (in a Perl CGI), and output its
contents again to the Apache server. The CGI starts with sending this
header:

print "Content-type: application/x-httpd-php\n\n";

Then I output the text. But, no matter what I do, it will not parse the
PHP code. I do not understand this. Regular PHP files in that dir work
fine. There is, as far as I can see, no reason why this should not work.

And the PHP file really needs to be generated from the CGI, as it needs
to run as a specific user.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated,

- Mark