I read in php manual that set_time_limit() affects in fact max_execution_time.
You can see in my example code
I wrote in my initial post that I set it to 100k secs. Php don't run in safe
mode so it should go fine.

What I don't understand is why my php script dies while executing the shell
script. Set_limit_time should make it
wait. The build.sh script completes well.

Tom