Title: RE: [PHP] Previous Discussions

>>Is anyone aware of previous discussions with php/mysql with
>using file
>>inside the db (BLOBs) and integrating php to serve these files? In my
>>opinion, I'm sure there's a better way than store to a temp
>file and send
>>user the hyperlink, then deleting the temp file. Perhaps
>something with
>>output buffering, etc.

Regardless of whether this is a good idea or not, it's fairly easy. Store the file data itself (accessible via fopen($whatever)) in a longblob, then write it back with the appropriate headers ("Content-type: iamge/jpeg" or whatever) when the time comes. I'd be happy to provide examples if anyone is curious.

Regards,
Ian Samuel