On Tuesday 04 June 2002 15:20, Manisha wrote:
> Some tricky things are happening :

But have nothing to do with PHP.

> Our local network environment : server - Win2K, my computer Win 98 and
> Linux Red Hat.
>
> I have map network drive to Linux and working on File Append / Write
> programs.

Are you sharing a directory on your linux system using Samba?

> I am creating the  file in append / write mode. It is getting appended /
> created properly. But I can not view further changes in the file once I
> opened it on my system. But changes are appearing on Linux. I am wondering
> how come I see the changes on Linux and not on Windows once I open to see
> it (even if I close it). It is not possible for me to go to Linux server
> and see the changes in file every time.  Can anybody help ?

If so see whether changing the "oplocks" option helps, if it doesn't help, ask
on the Samba list.

/*
Humor in the Court:
Q: (Showing man picture.) That's you?
A: Yes, sir.
Q: And you were present when the picture was taken, right?
*/