I know I've asked this before but I don't believe I asked the question
correctly.

I have a flat file database that is delimited with colons. This file
will have new records added to it on a regular basis. What I want to do
is be able to search that file based on a keyword that is inputted by a
user, then it will search that database comparing each record for that
value, if that value returns true, I want it to display the results of
that record.

How would I do this when I don't know the number of records that will be
searched (since it will rise and fall almost daily)? Also, how would I
create a dynamic array?

I hope this makes sense to someone, I've been pulling my hair out on this.

Thanks!