This is certainly not a php question so boil me in oil the next time we meet.

I have a php page which gets a file upload from the user and attempts to put the file
in a remote directory.  It is failing big time with the following warning:

Warning: Unable to create '../landmark/photos/8000.jpg': No such file or directory in
/home/www/location/museum/trees/admin/upload2.php on line 27

The directory and file name:
    museum/trees/admin/upload2.php

The directory I want to store the uploaded file is:
    museum/landmark/photos/

I've tried two dots, three dots and more but have yet to hit upon the combination of
dots, slashes or phases of the moon to keep the program from puking!

P.S. The page works if the storage directory is closer.

Any help gratefully accepted.
Hugh