> From: Lazor, Ed [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

Hi, Ed.

> and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one he's helped.  That
> garners even more respect - IMHO.

I'm new on the list, so I really don't know Rasmus, or what he does. As far as I've
read messages, he seems to be really appreciated and respected, one way or another.

> I think this last point shows that this a battle between
> ASP and PHP - not necessarily an OS / platform war.  More
> books, support, programming tools (libraries, editors,
> etc.) and jobs based around the PHP programming language
> would help tremendously.

Have to agree with that. Though I've seen lots of books and all that stuff spring from
-almost- nowhere.

> >To write PHP extensions on Windows I think Visual C++ is more
> >appropriate.
> Does gcc (or some other free C programming language) for
> Windows exist?

Not exactly. You can install cygwin under NT/2K and have a shell and a host of other
utilities (even bash!) that make your winbox almost cross-platform (at least for
development, I think).
--
Un gran saludo/Big regards...
   Arturo Barajas