I have been using Home Site since it came out in the 90's.  Currently
Macromedia Home Site 5.0.  It is my number one choice because I have to
often switch between PHP and ASP at our show during our conversion over to
LAMP.

We bought Zend Studio and I have been using more at times, but miss all
the snippets and custom buttons I have been building in Home Site for
years.

On the Linux side I would check out XEmacs with the PHP add on.  I think
it was nedit that also worked well for me.

-Scott

--
Now Playing:  Sugar Ray - Answer The Phone

www.scottah.com