>     if (!session_is_registered("SESSION")){
>      print ("You must Log-In to access this page\n");
>      print ("<a href='sign_in.php'>");
>      print ("Click here to Log In");
> }

print ("<a href='sign_in.php'>");

should be:

print("<a href='sign_in.php'>Sign-in</a>");   // or something like that

But anyways, I don't think that's quite what he wanted.  I think the idea is
to protect the link to a file so only special users can see it.  Sure this
code with protect the page from being viewed, but, download.php or whatever,
if it is protected it still points to a physical file.   If a user for some
reason desires to leak the actual link then there could be a problem.  This
is why he probably should change the physical file data.