Are you sure display_errors is turned ON in php.ini on the new server? Do
the two servers have different settings for register_globals in php.ini?

---John Holmes...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kris Vose" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 11:12 AM
Subject: [PHP] server problems

I just uploaded a php driven web site that use text files to archive data to
a unix server.  When I went to try and add another archive the script fails
without a warning.  It does not store the data in the text file and it does
not add another archive.  I wrote this application about 4 months ago when I
was just learning php and I have found since then that mysql is the best way
to store data! duh...  Anyway I was wondering if my permissions are screwed
up on the unix server, or if there is something that I am overlooking here!
I do not really want to rewrite the code!  I spoke with the administrator of
the server and he has no idea.  They are using PHP 4.0.2B and we are using
PHP 4.1.2  Anyway...thanks in advance.

Kris