Check the register_globals setting in php.ini. It looks like it is "on" on
the problem server. If so, then you have two choices:
1. Turn it "off"
2. Change your code to this style:

session_start();
$node = 10.2;
session_register('node');
echo $node;

Kirk

(http://www.lpsoftware.com/phptest/test5.php) it works as
expected. But I can't figure out why it doesn't work here.
I'm running WinME, Apache 1.3.2, Php 4.1.2

I have cookies enabled (actually prompted so I can 'see' it) for my browser.
Is there some setting in php.ini that I need to change?

BTW, being a php newbie I really appreciate the helpful people on this
list! You're a great resource.

TIA,
Leston