When you see document contains no data like that, the most likely cause
is an endless loop. So, for whatever, reason, it seems that  your
conditional statement is returning true every time.

Remove the "Location" header for now, and replace that line with:

echo "<h1>Redirecting to http://blah.com/sendheader.php</h1>";
exit;

This will allow you to see whether you are returning that "Location"
header to the client under the different cases. My guess is that you
will see this on the screen even when you don't expect to. That should
give you a starting point for debugging.

Chris