I believe you will need to compile two versions, and point two to
different php.ini locations.

Here's a snipet from the manual.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.configure.php#install.configure.options.php

Al

--enable-maintainer-mode

Enable make rules and dependencies not useful (and sometimes confusing)
to the casual installer.
--with-config-file-path=PATH

Sets the path in which to look for php.ini, defaults to PREFIX/lib.
--enable-safe-mode

Enable safe mode by default.
--with-exec-dir[=DIR]

Only allow executables in DIR when in safe mode defaults to
/usr/local/php/bin.
--enable-magic-quotes

Enable magic quotes by default.
--disable-short-tags

Disable the short-form <? start tag by default.

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 01:38, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello php-general,
>
> I need to run a separate version of Apache on the same server I also
> what to use a different copy of the php.ini file with that version of
> apache. I am aware that I can override most of the php.ini settings in
> the httpd.conf file. But this is not what I want to do.
> Php will be running as a DSO with apache. So is the only way I can do
> this is to install a different copy of php to run with this version of
> Apache. Or is there a way I can get the httpd.conf file to read a
> different copy of php.ini
>

> --
> Best regards,
>  rdkurth                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This email was sent with Ximian Evolution.