On Thursday, June 27, 2002, at 04:20  AM, Jefferson Cowart wrote:

> Is there any way to return all the rows returned by a mysql query with
> one command. Currently I have to run through a for or while loop the
> same number of times as there are rows and take that row and copy it to
> an array. I end up with an array of arrays but it seems like it would be
> a common enough problem that the function would already exist.

You will probably always need to use a looping construct to grab your
data (otherwise how will you assign each value to a variable?).  But you
may find it easier to use mysql_fetch_object().
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-fetch-object.php

Or maybe not.  It's a matter of preference and performance (I think the
object version is a bit more expensive).

Erik

----

Erik Price
Web Developer Temp