Duncan Hill wrote:

>Is a free required for every query?  Or can I go connect, query, query,
>query, free, close?

You never have to free your results if you don't want to. As I
understand it, doing so simply frees up the memory that is being taken
up by the result set ($result in most examples). Whenever your script
finishes executing, all memory associated with it will be freed anyway.
Explicitly doing so simply allows this memory to be freed up sooner. It
is definitely beneficial to always free your result set when you're
finished with it, but you'll be hard-pressed to notice a difference, to
be honest.

Chris