On Wednesday 03 July 2002 22:49, Jay Blanchard wrote:

> I have the PHP script create a shell script containing the needed code for
> the cURL process. Of course the shell script will execute from the command
> line with me as 'root'. But the exec() that calls the shell script will not
> execute the script because of improper permissions. (Has to do with the
> permissions on the topmost directory for where the file lives, changing
> that could be dangerous from a security standpoint).

I'm not sure I understand you. You have a php script which creates a
shell-script. Then you have a php script which exec('shell-script')? Assuming
that the php script is run by the same user throughout then I don't see why
it cannot exec your shell-script. Perhaps you can elaborate.

> So I have tried to change those (I am on a Linux box) via the PHP, no luck.
> It will let me chmod the shell script via the PHP script.

OK ...

> So I tried to
> move the script to /usr/local/bin;

so why do you need to move it? Why can't you exec() it where it is?

Try hand writing a script then exec() it from php.

/*
Alcohol, hashish, prussic acid, strychnine are weak dilutions. The surest
poison is time.
                -- Emerson, "Society and Solitude"
*/