Hi all,

I have to tables A and B.
They boyh have a column with the same name.

Now, I wrote this MySQL statement performing a left join.
This results in a data set with rows consisting of 2 columns of the same name, in
which the date is stored when the record was last altered. This column is called
"last_altered".

Later on in my script I'm calling the value of this column with php.
$query="select * from tblA LEFT JOIN ....";
$resultID=mysql_query($query);
while ($result_row=mysql_fetch_array($resultID))
{
echo "$result_row[column with the same name]";
}

Well, this works without any php or mysql errors, but it is giving me the data back of
that column wich I don't wanna have...It returns the "last_altered" date of tblB in
stead of tblA.
A solution might be te exclude the second column (the wrong one) from the select
statement in the query. This is a MySQL adjustement. Anybody knows how this can be
done??

Maybe there are also PHP solutions which I don't know of...?

thx

Wilbert Enserink

Pas de Deux
Van Mierisstraat 25