Hi Uwe,

If you define the checkbox list as an array (OptionList[] in the example
below), only the checked values will be returned as an array $OptionList
when you post the form. You can then use this as an array or pass it as an
array to a function in the script:

<?
        $i = 0;
        while (isset($OptionList[$i])) {
                echo "You have chosen option ".$OptionList[$i]."<br>";
                $i++;
        }
?>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

        <form name="form1" method="post" action="test.php">
                <input type="checkbox" name="OptionList[]"
value="something1">Option 1</input><br>
                <input type="checkbox" name="OptionList[]"
value="something2">Option 2</input><br>
                <input type="checkbox" name="OptionList[]"
value="something3">Option 3</input><br>
                <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Test">
        </form>

Regards

Rudolf Visagie
Principal Software Developer